Sunday, November 19, 2017
- Sometimes perspective reveals more than time; sometimes neither is enough.
- If we ever wrote songs to our lives, what would we say? How would they make us feel?
- Some emotions aren't wrong, but they're ugly, and giving in to them is both a momentary release and a lifetime’s worth of guilt—the kind that might not go away.
Monday, November 20, 2017
- People should try harder to help themselves when they know that the only reason they are where they are is because they chose not to fight for themselves.
- The younger we are, the more we know; the older we are, the less we know. I like to think that that’s a good thing, but sometimes I just don't know.
- I hope we don’t lose sight of our opportunities to experience life in our search for what we think we should be looking for.
- The best gifts are the ones that we don’t have to reciprocate but would like to.
- I’m relieved that the bad has potential to get better, but why does the good always seem to be at risk of getting worse?
Tuesday, November 21, 2017
- Logic has boundaries that instinct is not limited by.
- A privilege can feel like a curse when you’re constantly wondering whether you deserve it and a burden when you’re not sure you can handle it.
- Thoughts don’t necessarily change. Sometimes it’s the way we feel about them that’s changed. Are there meanings that are meaningless?
- What if we’ve imagined more meaning to our lives than there is to be found? What if we’ve never imagined enough?
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
- No one is content with mediocrity. I know I’m not. I’m just afraid of discovering whether I can be great.
- Hypocrisy is hypocritical, and hatred is hateful, but perfection will never be perfectible.
Thursday, November 23, 2017
- We try too hard to discover what we can create.
- I’m not afraid of being forgotten. Existence is relative, so if I do it right, then it’ll matter while it lasts.
Friday, November 24, 2017
- Pep talk to self: Don’t be afraid to look because you’re afraid of what you don’t find.
- Not a lot of people look back on their lives wishing it could've been harder, but sometimes I do. Sometimes when I'm tired, I'm resigned to think that if this were the case, then maybe my circumstances would give me enough reasons to do the things that I do—enough that I wouldn't have to spend my whole life looking for them and not knowing whether I've found them.
Saturday, November 25, 2017
- I don’t know which mentality is worse: to think that I have an entire lifetime, or to think that I’m running out of time.
- Life is hard. Even when we're supposed to be living the dream, we're caught up in what's missing. Sometimes it's a feeling, sometimes it's a person, and sometimes it's us.
- Is it bad that it's easier for me to think about my life than it is for me to live it? What does it mean?
- Thinking will always mean something, but we'll have to do more than just think for it to lead to somewhere.