Sunday, November 26, 2017
- The more we have, the more we have to lose. Isn’t that how it goes? No, the more we have, the more we have to hold on to.
- When I’m busy, I complain that I don’t have enough time to live. When I’m not, I spend all my time trying to figure out how to.
- Gosh, life is hard. No one has all the answers we’re looking for. Sometimes we don’t even know what we’re trying to find. For such an ordinary struggle, it sure knows how to stump us for most of our lives.
Monday, November 27, 2017
- Leo Tolstoy once said that “it is possible to live only as long as life intoxicates us,” and now he’s got me wondering if I woke up too early.
- We can’t always control the action, but we can control our reaction. Similarly, we can’t always decide what happens in our lives, but we can determine what it means to us.
- Life’s too short to be practical. I mean, yeah, enough practicality is common sense, but too much might convince me to give up what I want for what I think I should want, and I’m not willingly to let that happen.
Tuesday, November 28, 2017
- Meaning doesn’t just come from how we feel about what we do but how we feel about what we feel.
- Morality is such a fragile thing because we’ve all got the uncanny ability to talk our way out of what we “should” and “shouldn’t” do. The thing is, once we’ve made up our minds, wrong or right becomes increasingly irrelevant. We do it anyways and leave the rest for the jury to decide.
- How is it that some people don't believe in human nature? Have they not spent their lives struggling to overcome certain limitations and inclinations?
- Meaning has gone to so many places before it finally comes our way, so what makes us think we can call it our own? Pure subjectivity doesn't truly exist.
- We’re all so great at projection. That’s our natural go-to. But it takes courage, guts, persistence, and selflessness to confront ourselves and be like “hey, what’s your purpose?”
- Meaning is meaningless when it means nothing to us. Whatever that means, it has yet to change.
Wednesday, November 29, 2017
- Inspiration is external because we derive it, but progress is internal because we drive it.
- Life is beautiful, but no one can lend us their eyes to see that. We have to see for ourselves. But no matter who we are or where we're at, beauty is there if we choose to see it. That's something that we just have to believe.
- I don’t need to be in control of my life to feel in control of it.
- Is it a misperception that pain has to be validated to be valid? We all have different thresholds, don’t we? The extent of his happiness might only account for a fraction of hers. Vice versa, the extent of her pain might only account for a fraction of his.
- I crave to think and pray to feel, so why don’t I just do it? I guess I wouldn’t be me if I knew.
- Can we be too distracted by our life to feel like we’re living it?
- One of the hardest things for me to do is to trust my thoughts to know what I’m thinking and my feelings to know how I feel.
Thursday, November 30, 2017
- Loneliness is a company I wouldn’t beg to stay, brokenness a friend I couldn’t save.
Friday, December 1, 2017
- Maybe life’s not fair because we try too hard to be equal.
Saturday, December 2, 2017
- Life has never been just a single roller coaster ride. It’s an entire amusement park of roller coaster rides.