December 31-January 6
~ Spent under the covers with Netflix and a box of tissues. Yes, thank you, immune system. ~
Sunday, January 7, 2018
- I used to think that caring about the people I love should be effortless, but I was wrong—it’s not. Thoughtfulness is learned. Consideration is learned. It takes effort, it takes observation, and it takes a lot of heart.
- How can we know happiness if we don’t know pain? I’m not sure, but I do know that if we didn’t know pain, we wouldn’t know happiness the same.
- We don’t all have the luxury to want the same things, but we also don’t need the same things to be happy. It’s not all that we could want that makes us happy.
Monday, January 8, 2018
- No matter how different we are, we all share the same words to express ourselves and the same feelings to try and make sense of (or make the most of, if we’re lucky).
- Peer pressure is a euphemism for weak resolve.
- Even coincidences have their own agenda. I guess that means I believe they exist with a purpose of their own.
- We use projection to defend and denial to protect, and yet the only threat that we have any hope at all of neutralizing—but don’t—is ourselves.
Tuesday, January 9, 2018
- At the end of the day, all that really matters is how we feel about our lives. If we don’t know, then we’ve got to ask ourselves what exactly we’ve been living.
- Sometimes we want too much to be happy.
- The more I think about it, the more sure I am that insatiable taste robs so many people of the chance to be content—not life, not inequality, not bad luck.
- What do I do when my head tells me it knows and the rest of me tells me it doesn’t? It’s like I do and don't understand at the same time.
- The questions that seem most transparent are always trickiest to answer. While it’s hard for my answer to be wrong, it’s also hard for it to feel right.
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
- The secret to success is that no one ever made it on their own.
- Question: Do you try to love your life the way that it deserves?
Thursday, January 11, 2018
- We might not have the power to decide our fate, but sometimes we don’t realize just how easily we push it away.
- The easiest way to hurt someone else is to try too hard to protect yourself.
Friday, January 12, 2018
- I know exactly what it’s like to be weak for being stronger than I should be when I shouldn’t.
- Some people make the mistake of placing themselves on a moral high ground that only their mouths can reach.
Saturday, January 13, 2018
- My tears are proof that my heart still works.
- Sometimes my voice builds walls around itself that refuse to be taken down.
- Nonchalance is probably the most generic defense mechanism there is, but it's also a magnifying glass for vulnerability.