Sunday, December 3, 2017
- We are not the authors of the stories of our lives. We are the stories; the stories are our lives.
Monday, December 4, 2017
- Kindness is a luxury that’s free to give and valuable to receive.
- Double standards aren’t always bad. Sometimes they help us keep ourselves in check. But take it to the extreme, and it becomes a trap.
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
- The truly wealthy are those who can afford to be happy. The truly wise are those who accept more advice than they give.
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
- We live what we feel. So if we feel nothing, then what are we living?
- It’s okay to not worry.
Thursday, December 7, 2017
- Weird is just a kind of special that people don’t know how to accept.
- I can’t believe how many people answer “no” to the question “Do you trust yourself to live your life?”
- No one can live our lives better than we can.
Friday, December 8, 2017
- The past isn’t just in the past. It’s gone. All that’s left of it is the impression that it still leaves on us. But we don’t have to worry about losing the memories, the people we were, the moments, the magic… because we ARE the memories, the magic, the people we used to be. Our concern should be that we sometimes hold on to those parts of us tighter than they deserve to be held on to.
- The world doesn’t play fair or care what we think we deserve. We can argue and stomp our feet and throw a tantrum while the world keeps spinning, or we can stop keeping score and step out of the tight leash that we’ve let it keep around us.
- Some people are too afraid to want something, so they settle for anything. They fool everyone into believing that they’re happy, but the only person they hope to deceive is the one that knows everything.
Saturday 9, 2017
- To say that it’s never too late for us to start living our lives makes no more sense than it does to say that it’s never too early for us to start thinking about the day we die. There are only so many tomorrows before all that we're left with are a bunch of meaningless yesterdays.
- I’d rather disagree with someone defending a genuine opinion than agree with someone who doesn’t really know what to think.
- Only the people who’ve never gotten the full truth think that they want it. After all, they’re the ones who don’t know how ugly it can be. But that's just the way we are. Most of us would rather know something and not be able to do a thing about it than be kept in the dark. We're too restless to let the unknown shield us from whatever's waiting on the other side. Sometimes that's a good thing. Sometimes we never recover.
- Is there such a thing as an honest lie? Or a faulty truth?
- The people who keep asking themselves what life has done to them will never move on until they realize that life can’t do anything to them. Blaming our lives is like blaming the weatherman for predicting bad weather. It’ll storm when it does, and there’s no changing that. But it helps to believe that no one’s forcing us to stand in the rain.
- I don’t pose for the picture; I pose for the memory.