Sunday, December 17, 2017
- Remembering is such a hard thing to do because it brings with it feelings that we’re so sure we’d forgotten how to feel. And oddly enough, it’s the best memories that hurt the most because we can’t get them back but would like to. The worst part is when we can't be sure we'd lived them to the fullest the first time around...
Monday, December 18, 2017
- Don't light a fire that you can't put out. It’s worse than biting off more than you can chew.
- If it's art, you can't master it, and if it's beauty, you can't capture it.
Tuesday, December 19, 2017
- Don’t let what you think you should want convince you that it’s what you really want.
Wednesday, December 20, 2017
- I don’t think I’ll ever really understand time, but I’m kind of glad I can’t control it. THAT would be a true disaster.
- I never could’ve guessed that my fear of change would one day cause me to revel in it. It’s not that I don’t appreciate the normalcy in my life. It’s simply that I don’t plan to forget about the adventure. Somehow I’ve found a friend in the unknown and a confident in inconsistency.
- This really is a strange world we live in, but I think that’s what makes me love it.
- There would be no sense of adventure without boredom and no need for compassion without pain. It’s not fair to label unnecessary all that we feel we don’t deserve. It is what it is, and we do what we can to brave it.
- The more we try to convince ourselves of how unfair life is, the more stuck we are. I don’t know about you, but I really don’t like being stuck.
Thursday, December 21, 2017
- Scary, isn’t it, how easy it is to look and forget to see? The next thing I know, I’ll breathe and forget to live my life.
Friday, December 22, 2017
- Insincerity can be a tragedy, but somehow it can also be a courtesy.
A person’s ability is in what they’re still capable of doing and not what they’ve already done. The way I see it, what’s done is done, and if it was something great and we did it, then good for us. But what matters is what can still be done. Just because we’d been great before doesn’t mean we'll be great forever. The good news is, nothing's keeping us from doing even better. The bad news? We're also free to do worse.
Saturday, December 23, 2017
- Perspective is just another word for hypothetical experience.
- Stereotypes aren’t always perpetuated purposefully. If they were, we’d be over them by now. Instead, we buy into them without even knowing because our own experiences helped create them. And sometimes we were the ones who manipulated them to do so.
- There are times when we unintentionally force our own experiences (especially the bad ones) onto others. It’s something that we’re naturally inclined to do; that makes it something we must consciously try not to.
- It's not always good to take things so literally. It could cause us to feel a lot of unnecessary feelings that were never meant to be felt. Worse, it could be the reason we miss the bigger picture entirely.
- It's the messages and morals (not always good) we learn as children that we remember when we're older and struggling to live our lives because childhood's the only time we'll ever truly believe in something and be sure of it. The moment we grow up, we learn to be careful, and so naturally, we learn to doubt.
- We’re too vulnerable to resist the inevitable when we don’t even know how to put up a fight—or that we should’ve been preparing for one.