Sunday, August 5, 2018
- What is instinct? I’ll tell you what it isn’t: It’s not necessarily the first thought or the first choice that comes to mind. It’s having the courage to act on what you want to choose. If love can be a verb, then so can instinct.
- Some people dream to make money, to become rich. Not me. I only wish to be able to afford my dreams. It almost sounds counterintuitive, as if dreams are too good to be associated with money. But even the ones that build and create and give often come with a price tag. That’s just the world we live in.
Monday, August 6, 2018
- The thing about happiness is that we’re often too busy questioning it to realize that it could’ve already been ours, that it still can be ours.
Am I smiling wide enough? Am I laughing hard enough? Am I doing this right? What is it even supposed to feel like to be happy?
To tell you the truth, I don’t know. Maybe it’s not supposed to feel like anything. I just know that with all these questions in our heads, we’re not really giving happiness a chance.
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
- Don’t fight yourself so hard that you forget whose side you’re on.
- A good man is easily mistaken for a foolish one. Who else gets slapped in the face then turns the other cheek?
-The thing about evil and kindness is that they don’t die. They only kill what stands in their way, and often they succeed. But one can never fully extinguish the other.
- Blue is a primary color; purple is not. Pain is a primary emotion; anger is not. Just as blue is required to make purple, pain is necessary to feel anger, raw anger. We may be irrational more often than we are rational, but we’re not irrational for no reason. We’re only rash when we’re hurt and confused as to how to cope with our wounds.
Wednesday, August 8, 2018
- I don’t gamble at the expense of my fortune, but sometimes I do at the expense of my fate, and I know better than anyone that if I don’t quit, it will blow up in my face.
- To make a choice, we must be prepared to take it when it is not readily given. I suppose that’s why some people are secretly relieved that they don’t have a choice. It saves them the trouble of going to great lengths to fight for it. Only we forget that even when it is not our privilege to choose, it is our responsibility.
- Life doesn’t live; it gives and then leaves the living up to you.
Thursday, August 9, 2018
- An opportunity missed is not an opportunity lost. It’s an opportunity to anticipate another.
- We use, but at the same time, we are also being used. We are vessels of all sorts of deeds.
- Sometimes we tell a lie to protect the truth, to save it for the right time and place, because there is a right time and place. Is that such a bad thing? People are quick to label it presumptuous, but I think it’s selfless. Because when it comes to good people, lying is never easy, and yet they would rather calm with a lie—a lie that eats away at them every single day—than to hurt with the truth. Until the time is right to listen, and the listener is ready.
- I’m an open book. It just takes a certain kind of reader to understand me, and not everyone is peculiar enough.
Friday, August 10, 2018
- I write to make sense of myself, but often my own words confuse me.
- The smarter we think we are, the more ignorant we become.
Saturday, August 11, 2018
- Feelings need protecting because they can’t protect themselves. They are utterly defenseless.
- When we have something to compare to, perspective means a lot. When we have nothing to compare to, perspective means nothing.
- To accept despite not understanding is called love. To understand despite not accepting is called resignation.